unmounting cdrom drive

Thomas King kingttx at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 17 20:01:00 UTC 2004

>I have just made the change from Mandrake to Fedora Core 1 and Im having
>problems unmounting cdrom drive.
>Everytime i attempt to umount /mnt/cdrom or eject I get the error "cdrom
>busy".

I am soooo behind on my FC emails, please 'scuse me.

>From my experience just in RH9, two things: make sure you don't have a
browser window open to the CDROM. Also, if there is an icon on the desktop
for the CDROM drive, I've had to use that to unmount; right-click, then
select 'EJECT' from the context menu. Trying through the CLI yielded "Device
Busy" for both CDROM and floppy drives. The latter I am afraid I cannot say
has been fixed in FC since I'm a lurker and have yet to upgrade.

My apologies to the thread readers. :)

Tom King