Bad update - X11 corrupted - dependency hell

Maureen E. Duffy duffy at rpi.edu
Sat Apr 17 21:07:07 UTC 2004

Hi Dick & Everyone,

I just installed Fedora Core 1 yesterday and after updating it through
Redhat's servers, I ran into the exact same problems that Dick did. I
finally have X up and running again, but I'm not sure how to get
gnome-panel-applets running again. They give me the same error: "The
panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_MailcheckApplet"
Details: Child process did not give an error message, unknown failure
occurred"

Is there any way you could give me a list of the packages that were
missing that you installed? Or, do you know how I can tell what's
missing myself? I saw that the XFree86-xfs package was missing so I
added that in manually, but I'm not sure what else I need.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!!

~Maureen