XFree86 lib problems

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 17 21:22:31 UTC 2004

Theodore Omtzigt said:
> Mmm: at this point no program that updates the system seems to work:
>
> rpm, up2date, and yum all start but then simply hang waiting for
> something.

They might be downloading headers.  Have you tried stracing them?  Another
common issue is that the main server is generally overloaded.  Have a look
at:
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror/

Also, do you have any proxy servers that need set up?

> What is going on under the hood here? What is broken when rpm et. all
> don't seem to be able to make any progress?

I don't recall you mentioning anything about rpm being broken?

--
William Hooper