RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Sat Apr 17 23:59:50 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 13:53, Craig Thomas wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 14:40, Mike Bartman wrote:
> > Current system is running 7.3.
> I was running 7.3 as well.
>
> >   I'm pretty distressed
> > by RH's decisions, and am looking for an alternative to them now.
> > I was, then I thought I'd try what RH had planned [Fedora] and I've,
> since stopped looking ;]
>
> > I'm not a linux developer, and I need my system to work at all times,
> Ditto [who doesn't?]
>
> > Fedora doesn't seem to be a good option either...though I'm not 100%
> > convinced of that yet, which is why I signed up for this list.  Need more
> > info.
> >
> FYI Fedora has worked flawless for me on my laptop and a few all purpose
> installs [various web servers[jsp/php]/file server/print server/DB
> server]. None of it's enterprise or even 'production' level, but all are
> important for the small group of people using them. In fact, I feel
> Fedora is an improvement from RH from an ease of use stand point,
> especially for non tech personnel.  I would happily spend my $ for
> Fedora.

See, that's how I feel too. I feel like Red Hat has kind of cheated
themselves. They've given me the perfect distro. Everything is stable
AND the software is cutting edge. Great combination. Something Mandrake
tries to pull off, but Mandrake is always chock full of bugs. I'd pay
for Fedora in a heartbeat. I wish I could buy it in a box set with
manuals.

Preston