Postgresql problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Apr 18 02:46:03 UTC 2004

Am So, den 18.04.2004 schrieb gm um 04:32:

> Hey guys
>
> I get this error in php:
>
> Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not
> connect to server: Connection refused Is the server running on host
> localhost and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? . in
> /www/index.php on line 7
>
> PHP code
>
> $conn = pg_connect("host=localhost user=***** password=****
> dbname=***** ");
>
> I’ve taken down the iptables and I know psql is working since I created
> a table and populated with data. What could be missing/wrong?
>

> Thanks
>
> gm

You certainly have the RPM php-pgsql not installed. If you did, then
PostgreSQL is not listening on TCP socket but only a local socket. Check
the server configuration then.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 04:43:18 up 2 days, 8:32, load average: 1.60, 0.66, 0.26
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]