a problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Apr 18 15:59:24 UTC 2004

Am So, den 18.04.2004 schrieb Nagaprabhanjan Bellari um 17:56:

> I hava a vfat partition mounted in linux.
> Everything was going fine, when one day my system was switched off
> accidentally.
> Then there were a lot of file system erros, and i was not able to boot.
> Then I ran knoppix and corrected my file system.
> Then everything went on fine but, it is not willing to mount my vfat
> partition.
> says fs type vfat not supported by kernel.
>
> What to do?
> PS: I have correct entries in fstab file.

modinfo vfat

Does that report that there is no such module? Then it got lost by the
filesystem crash / recovery. Maybe you use an older kernel then just
upgrade to latest Fedora Core 1 kernel .2179. That will bring you back
all modules.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 17:57:33 up 43 min, 10 average: 0.08, 0.15, 0.22
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]