PHP Problem with FC1

Chris linux at chriscodes.com
Sun Apr 18 18:35:17 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 09:05, Murali P wrote:
>  --- Jay Daniels <drs at pointyhats.com> wrote: > On Sun,
> Apr 18, 2004 at 01:56:21PM +0100, Murali P
> > wrote:
> > > Hello List Members
> > > On FC1 no php program is getting executed.I
> > checked php.conf under
> > > /etc/httpd/conf.d/ and it is Ok.The same
> > configuration works well on RH-8.0 as also
> > phpMyAdmin-2.4.0-rc1 utility.I shall thank anyone
> > who can provide a clue to this problem.
> > > Murali
> > >
> > > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online.
> >

> > I have no problem with fedora's apache using php.
> >
> > mkdir /var/www/html/test
> > vi /var/www/html/test/phpinfo.php
> > and paste the following...
> >
> > <?
> > include phpinfo();
> > ?>
> >
> > then navigate your browser to
> > http://localhost/test/phpinfo.php
> >
> > Should work with apache and php installed by fedora.
> >
> > You using a program which uses index.php?
> >
> > Check your httpd.conf
> > /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> >
> > put php first in directoryindex directive.
> > DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.html.var
> >

> > jay
> Hello Jay
> I did the same thing as suggested by you.Still the
> phpinfo.php file is displayed and not the
> output.However, as in RH-8.0 I have all my ".php"
> files under /var/www/html where my phpMyAdmin
> directory also exists.If I type
> localhost/phpMyAdmin-2.4.0-rc1 I get the script and
> not the mysql adminpage.
> I am running kernel 2.6.3 of arjanv's.
> Regards
> Murali

> Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online. http://yahoo.shaadi.com/india-matrimony/

If you're seeing the code, instead of it executing...
PHP isn't installed. Or at least not configured with Apache.

to see the version installed, run one of these from the command line:
php -v
or
rpm -qv php

If no version is returned, it's not installed. If a version is returned,
may try re-installing it.

--
Chris Martin
www.chriscodes.com