fedora install

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Apr 18 18:58:13 UTC 2004

Am So, den 18.04.2004 schrieb Florian Idelberger um 20:44:

> Since today I'm using fedora instead of debian sid, but, though very
> happy, I've got some questions.
> although i specified "linux resolution=1024x768"
> my laptop lcd is running with 800x600 so my view is somewhat narrowed
> and "Screen Resolution" just offers 800x600 and 640x480? Why's that, and
> is there a way to solve it witout editing x configuration files by hand?

redhat-config-xfree86

> Secondly, what do I need to install new packages via net, despite the
> standard ones, and up2date doesn't get a connection. Is it possible to
> use a ftp server with up2date? because http needs authentication via
> proxy.

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror/

for instructions on how to setup mirror server usage.

Yes, up2date can use FTP server sources. Only the actual RHN applet will
not work proper with FTP sources then. but you could set up proxy usage
too in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date. As an alternate use yum.

> thx in advance
> florian

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 20:53:40 up 3:39, 10 users, 0.10, 0.18, 0.12
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]