Fujitsu handydrive booting problem...

Alberto Segura fedora_list at yahoo.es
Sun Apr 18 20:34:09 UTC 2004

 Hello everybody,

I have a  little problem with my Fujitsu Handydrive hard disk (massive
storage device connected via USB 2.0). When I boot my pc and this device
is running the proccess stops, and I cannot continue until I turn off
the handydrive. This device works perfectly on linux and windows if the
pc is totally booted. I have this entries in the etc/fstab file :

Here is my entire fstab:

LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/dvd                udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/sda1               /mnt/handydrive         vfat
noauto,users,exec,gid=my_user,uid=my_user 0 0
/dev/hda1               /mnt/windows            ntfs
noauto,users,exec,ro,uid=my_user,gid=my_user,umask=0222 0 0
/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1             udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

As I said before this device works perfectly on Fedora, but I cannot
boot my computer if it is on. Maybe the solution is edit something in my
bios but I do not know what. I do not know what I have to correct (fstab
or bios). The funny question is that some weeks ago Fedora correct it by
itself, but I do not know how. If the problem resides on bios, I have to
tell you that I have been proving a lot of combinations in my asus
p4s533-x  bios referring to booting and disks, but unfortunately I have
not reach the correct. I cannot locate my handydrive because it does not
appear in disks.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot.

Alberto.