Linux virus or forged address?

John Thompson JohnThompson at new.rr.com
Mon Apr 19 02:11:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:24:49 -0700
Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:

> Not necessarily.  There are a lot of ISPs that detect the virus/worm
> and bounce the whole message.  Incredibly stupid.  However, your MTA
> should virus scan on the fly and drop the connection if one is found.

I've been bouncing these back to the ISP's postmaster accounts with a
short message that they have sent me unsolicited email with malicious
content that may be prosecutable under the CAN-SPAM act, and pointing
out that the headers clearly indicate the message didn't originate from
my system.

--

-John (JohnThompson at new.rr.com)