[FC1] Dangerous 2.6.5 Kernel Instalation (!) WARNING

runlevel0 exter at wanadoo.es
Mon Apr 19 12:59:31 UTC 2004

Hy folks,

I'm writin this from an Knoppix 3.2 Live-CD in order to warno you about some
possible toubles installing thr 2.6.5 kernel via Yum.

The URL was published yesterday here in this list.

The problem is that the damn think fails to reboot, but that's nothing
specially important, since many of us have a huge collection of kernels...

Or at least that was was I thought after rebooting.

The fact is that this package *erases any other kernel* you would have in

So be advised, if you are tempted to upgrade keep a copy of your /boot at hand
or you will end like me or even worse, using Windoze.

--
R3G4RDZ from Knoppix :_(