FC1 on Intel 440GX

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Apr 19 17:35:52 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 19.04.2004 schrieb MW Mike Weiner (5028) um 19:13:

> I found the problem here, it was the fact that the /boot partition was
> only 23M and needed to be closer to 100M, once I corrected that, the
> install image fit on the disk fine no problems. Now to my next road
> block. The install went ok, and complated successfully, however when I
> reboot, it hangs just after loading the scsi module and I cannot get
> beyond that point.

You should have gotten a warning message when creating a so "small"
/boot partition. IIRC anaconda/disk druid requests at least 76 MB for
/boot.

> I thought about recreating the install disk to ensure it had the latest
> kernel, as I am thinking the kernel currently installed doesn't have the
> correct adaptec drivers.

Which SCSI module is loading: aic7xxx or aic7xxx_old? Try the other one.

> Any thoughts?
>
> Michael Weiner

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 19:33:01 up 1 day, 2:18, load average: 0.65, 0.41, 0.31
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]