email notification of yum updates?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Apr 20 09:32:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 10:40:52PM -0400, Jay Daniels wrote:
> How do I setup email notifications that yum update has run and
> succeeded or failed?

ATrpms has a check4updates script that infoms you (or better said
root) about new updates found via yum and/or apt (it is part of the
atrpms package and configurable via /etc/sysconfig/check4updates).

You still have to do the updates yourself, but you could easily change
the script to do automated upgrades (which I personally would not
recommend), and also change the receiver of the mails.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net