Wireless network card setup, Fedora Core 1...

Michael Mayhew plainmedici at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:09:54 UTC 2004

Greetings,

   I recently checked Linuxcompatible.org for a list of potential wireless
cards for my desktop, and have decided on the D-Link PCI WL-520. On the
site, the noted drivers required were the Prism2 drivers. Those, I believe,
are not included with FC1. (Or can I use the orincoco drivers? Even though
when I ran lsmod, the orinoco_cs module did not appear) Also, I have seen a
package linux-wlan-ng that contains the Prism2 drivers but when I do an rpm
search on rpmfind.net or freshrpms, nothing comes up. Has anyone found, for
sure, the Prism2 drivers, whether included in some other package or on their
own, and, if so, where? Also, since I don't have internet until this card is
installed, would the package fit on a floppy? Thanks for any and all
assistance. I greatly appreciate it.

plainmedici