pp scanner

Florian Idelberger florian at idelberger.de
Tue Apr 20 12:19:49 UTC 2004

Hi!
I'd like to know how to get my pp scanner to work.
I know the appropriate backend (plustek_pp) and that I have to make sure
parport is loaded. Just when I sue to root I can't run lsmod o.s.
probably it's not in my path, but why?
This is what I have added to modules.conf:
alias char-major-40 pt_drv
pre-install pt_drv modprobe -k parport
options  pt_drv  lampoff=180  warmup=15  port=0x378  lOffonEnd=0  mov=0
slowIO=0 forceMode=0

This is the output of the kernel:
Apr 20 14:10:40 localhost modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
char-major-81Apr 20 14:10:40 localhost last message repeated 3 times
Apr 20 14:11:55 localhost kernel: ppdev: user-space parallel port
driver[root at localhost etc]#

Any ideas, anyone? Many thanks in advance, Florian