Huge Partition

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Tue Apr 20 14:09:53 UTC 2004

Martin:

Thanks for the information.

I've tried your suggestion of partitioning after the box is already up and
running. However, parted produces some interesting output via its print
command once I'm done:

Minor     Start     End       Type     Filesystem     Flag
1         0.031   -189362.652 primary   ext3

The partition mounts fine, although df reports its size as 1008G. Not what I
was expecting.

I'm writing to it now via a loop to eat all the disk space in roughly 1G
increments to see exactly how big it is. At the rate its going, about a Gig
per minute, this loop is going to run about 30 hours.

The parted print output and df's output could just be errors in printing and
all could be OK, but I'd appreciate knowing what yours shows to see if I'm
wasting my time.

Thank You

--
Bill Gradwohl