yum update 2179 kernel

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 20 15:33:25 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 20.04.2004 schrieb Andy Green um 18:24:

> Well your situation is good, a fix is reasonably simple.
>
> What I did was to edit /etc/fstab, which is basically a list telling Linux
> what to do with filesystems that might be on your various drives.

> LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2

> /dev/hda1             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2

> - -Andy

Why not simply correcting the partition lables?

e2label /dev/hda1
e2label hdev/hda2

From discovery so far it should print out for both partitions the label
/. So to correct this run:

e2label /dev/hda1 /boot

To be sure run the 2 lines above again to see that you now have a /boot
and a / labeled partition.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 17:28:33 up 2 days, 14 users, load average: 1.08, 1.32,
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]