FC1 and FX5200 TV mode ?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 20 17:13:02 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 20.04.2004 schrieb yavorsky gaetan um 17:53:

> Thanks for your reply and sorry for my english,
> I did read the NVidia.com driver's readme file, but I didn't find what I
> need.
> I'm using a FX5200 Personal cinema from MSI which is a card with TV
> tuner built in which works fine under Window$.
> Looking /proc or dmesg or lspci doesn't show anything about any tuner,
> but my card is reported as simple nvidia FX5200.
> So I know it's a driver problem.
> So I downloaded the nvidia stock driver, but for the same result.
> I just wanted to know if somebody had this problem, and if there is a
> solution somewhere.
> Regards
> Gaetan

Ok, now I understand much better what you want. I thought you wanted to
have video output on a TV screen.

Without knowing which TV tuner is on the card it will be hard to find
out whether it is possible to run the TV part on Linux. A quick search
using google brought me no success. Maybe you find a chip label on the
card itself or more details in the manual? I guess NVidia uses a
Phillips or else tuner chip.

The NVidia.com Linux drivers do not support any TV tuner controlling.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 19:08:08 up 2 days, 1:54, load average: 1.84, 1.57, 1.42
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]