mii-tool and dsl?

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Apr 20 20:45:09 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Jeff Vian wrote:

> >>It may have, but I doubt it. Most DSL routers/modems have 10Mb
> >>interfaces. It doesn't make sense for them to be built anyother way. The
> >>newer chipsets are more expensive and would add to the cirduit board
> >>real estate.
> >
> >Are you kidding?  I haven't seen a current model of cable or DSL
> >router/modems that doesn't do 100meg on their ethernet ports.
> >
> Mine won't and it is < 6 month old.

Both of the DSL modems I've had, as well as both cable modems I've owned,
and every DSL modem I've installed for other people have all had 100meg
ports...either in a 4-5 port switch, or in the port that connected right
to the PC/router/firewall.

Interesting.

As I noted, a few seconds ago, I'm surprised that the manufacturers are
even bothering...I can't imagine that 10meg chipsets are that plentiful,
anymore.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit