Langa bashing (was Re: Problems getting Linux into homes)

Dean Mumby dean at mumby.co.za
Tue Apr 20 22:38:28 UTC 2004

Danny

I am sorry to say you most certainly are in the minority here , having
read the "garbage" Fred wrote and then following some of the discussions
in the forum , this article is nothing more than propaganda for Redmond.
I will admit that some hardware (including sound cards) doesn't always
seem to work out the box but this is not the fault of Linux as Fred
would have us believe . This is the fault of Redmond who puts pressure
on hardware manufacturers to not provide information about there
products to the open source community in return  for being listed as
compatible and therefore being included in pre-built systems. Consider
the financial pressure Redmond could place on a manufacturer by not
incorporating there driver into windows , dont be mistaken Microsoft
couldn't write a driver if there lives depended on it they have stolen
and copied other people work since there inception .(there was a court
ruling just after 9/11 were they were found guilty of piracy but it
unfortunately slipped under the radar) The hardware manufacturers
provide the driver to Microsoft.

All Fred has done is exposed himself as an incapable computer user ,
perhaps he is a windows user.

Dean