writing to Windows partition

Dick Brown dikbrown at qwest.net
Wed Apr 21 00:56:36 UTC 2004

As I mentioned in a previous message, I'm running dual boot
WinXP/Fedora.  To enable the easy access to certain data files from both
OS's, I've set up a vfat partition.  My problem is that everything on
this partition has "root" as both owner and group, and only root has
write access, so I have to jump through hoops to edit any file there
while in Linux.

I've tried changing permissions, as well as user and group ownership,
but to no avail.  I've looked in /etc/inittab and everything looks
normal (i.e., default).  I'm sure there must be an easy way to do this,
but I'm still too new to Linux to know what it might be.  Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dick