Clustering on FC1

Daniel Stonier snorri_dj at operamail.com
Wed Apr 21 01:08:12 UTC 2004

I know a guy locally who has some 80 or so pentiums clustered with FC1.
They're running
fairly intensive parallel programs on them and sharing the load across them
between the users using Mosix I think. While I dont know much about how
he's got it to work,
he's done it without needing anything special. He tried RHEL at one stage,
and eventually
concluded he didn't really need anything more than FC.

Depending on what you're trying to do with it I can pass on his email
address to you if you
like.

Cheers,
Daniel.