Langa bashing (was Re: Problems getting Linux into homes)

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 21 05:23:34 UTC 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 10:59:38AM +1000, Jeff Allison wrote:

> Langa is right on one point it is annoying when perfectly good hardware
> that works on windows doesn't on Linux, but its
>
> 1, a little difficult to fix due to the NDA's that have to be signed to
> get the information.

It is not just linux...

I have a perfectly good USB scanner that does not work on WinNT, My
brothers upgraded WinOS or linux.

The issue of OS support for much hardware is out of hand.

This specific vendors matrix for OS suport on their scanners looks
like it was punched out with a shotgun at 1000 feet in Florida.  Most
are misses and there are some hanging chads where even they do not
know if it works.

Time to write these twits another note.  Heck if they cannot support
windows throught an upgrade AND the driver is closed source... I will
never spend cash on them.

I am happy to use closed source drivers when they work.  I make my
purchase decisions on things that work not on how they deliver the
solution.

Now to write a letter to that stupid scanner company.....

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l