XDMCP broadcast

Nigel Wade nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Wed Apr 21 13:16:10 UTC 2004

Dhananjoy Chowdhury wrote:
> Helo Everyone,
>
> I want to connect my Fedora box using Exceed tool from a windows
> machine.
> But my Exceed tool lists the Sun machines.It does not list the fedora
> box.
> Please tell me how i can make my Fedora box for making XDMP broadcasts.
>
> Regards ,
> Dhananjoy

Look in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf (I presume you are using gdm, the default) and
search for the [xdmcp] section delimiter. Below that alter the line which
says "Enable=false" to read "Enable=true".

I think you'll need to restart X before this will take effect. If you have
gdm configured to restart the X server on logout all you need do is logout
and log back in again. Otherwise logout then switch to a terminal console
(ctrl-alt-f1 etc) and, as root, run "init 3" to stop X, then "init 5" to
restart it again.

E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555