Ugh. MS TrueType fonts screwed up my machine

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Wed Apr 21 17:55:35 UTC 2004

Preston,

Preston Crawford wrote:
> Yeah. The problem is I can never seem to get them back to "normal". So I
> guess what I'd like to do is just install fonts for use with OOo or
> something.

1.  Copy all the .ttf files to a temporary directory.
2.  rpm -e the RPM you installed.
3.  Use the OOffice 'spadmin' program to install those fonts for
OOffice.  Look for a button on the bottom of the printers screen that
says Fonts.  Then give it the folder where the .ttf files are, and
import them.  I'm not on my Linux machine right now to double check
these directions, but they are pretty close.

Hopefully step 2 will get Mozilla back to normal.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own