Who can unload a kernel module ?

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Thu Apr 22 11:33:44 UTC 2004

yavorsky gaetan wrote:

> Hi,
> On my iptables firewall, I need to insert the ip_nat_ftp module, so I
> added /sbin/insmod/ip_nat_ftp in my rc.local startup file, and it's
> working.
> After one or two days, this modules is unloaded ( lsmod ).
> Is there something in FC1 which can do that ?
> Regards.
> Gaetan.

If iptables were stopped or restarted it would have that effect.
The correct way to load iptables modules in FC is to include them on the
IPTABLES_MODULES line in /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config and make sure
the line is not commented out.  That way the iptables init.d script will
be sure to load the module again when started or restarted.

Chris

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021