Info about Radeon cards

Matt Morgan matt.morgan-fedora-list at brooklynmuseum.org
Thu Apr 22 14:26:56 UTC 2004

On 04/22/2004 09:20 AM, Emiliano Brunetti wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Is anybody using a SAPPHIRE RADEON 7000 video card or a SAPPHIRE RADEON
>9200SE 128MB? I must replace my old MGA 200 and i could get on of those
>for a very few money, but i wonder if they do well with fedora.
>
>The most important thing is to be able to use Svideo out for Divx
>playing. Any info is greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks

I have an ATI Radeon 9200SE, which is probably either exactly or nearly
the same thing (I admit I know nothing about this "Sapphire," but it
must be a re-branded ATI Radeon). Although I have only 64Mb on mine. It
works fine out of the box on FC1.

A colleague of mine has the same card, and had trouble getting X to
start properly, but it was a different monitor, and that was the
problem--the Radeon was identified properly. Always amazes me that the
monitor can cause so much trouble.