Info about Radeon cards

Mark Lane mark at harddata.com
Thu Apr 22 14:30:51 UTC 2004

> Hi!
>
> Is anybody using a SAPPHIRE RADEON 7000 video card or a SAPPHIRE RADEON
> 9200SE 128MB? I must replace my old MGA 200 and i could get on of those
> for a very few money, but i wonder if they do well with fedora.

The Radeon 7000 should work fine but it's a pretty slow card by today's
standards. The 9200SE sucks and we have had trouble getting them to work
with some hardware especially AMD64 stuff.

> The most important thing is to be able to use Svideo out for Divx
> playing. Any info is greatly appreciated.

You should be able to get the regular 9200 with TV out fairly
inexpensively and it will work much better. It's faster than both the
9200SE and the 7000 and has better support than the 9200SE.