up2date looking for wrong ARCH

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Apr 22 15:00:49 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 22.04.2004 schrieb Dan Weisenstein um 16:39:

> New to Fedora although I've used most all other distros.
>
> Installed FC1 yesterday. When up2date runs, it's looking to:
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i686/......
>
> There is no i686 directory, only i386. How can I fix this so up2date
> looks in the correct place?
>
> Thanks- Dan

How did you manage that $ARCH translates to i686? Did you modify the
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file in any kind?

Please urgently set up mirror server usage to help yourself and the
community. The Redhat main server is already hit to grounds. See i.e.

http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror/

for instructions on how to setup using a mirror server near you.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 16:58:12 up 3 days, 23:44, load average: 0.32, 0.27, 0.20
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]