FC1 and Laptops?

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Thu Apr 22 16:11:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 21:37, Ben Steeves wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 10:28, Ross M Karchner wrote:
> > Hello-
> >
> > Can anybody recommend any laptops that work well with FC1? By "works
> > well" I guess I mean that things like power management, sleep/awake with
> > the closing of the lid, and (if present) video acceleration are all well
> > supported .
>
> My IBM T30 works great... all the features work (the modem may not, but
> I've never tried it).  ThinkPads are pricey, but well worth it IMHO.

Would like to note that the modem on my T30 (2366-81A) works. I used the
slmodem 2.7.10 at

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/slmdm-2.7.10.tar.gz

Compiles without any problems. I've tried a later version (2.7.14), but
that causes problems (extra numbers being dialed). The tarball even has
instructions on how to create an SRPM. Just so you could easily rebuild
the drivers at every kernel upgrade.

Now all your T30 features work (hopefully)! =D

dex