Logs and how to read them

Mike Rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Thu Apr 22 17:40:08 UTC 2004

>This is mostly correct. If all those users are supposed to use your SMTP
>server, then set up your firewall accordingly. I do not suggest blocking
>25 outbound, but rather *redirecting* tcp/25 to your mail server. That
>way, *any* attempts to connect to an SMTP server will be redirected to
>yours. And if one of your Windows users does have a worm, it'll be unable
>to talk to the outside but you will see it's attempts in your

   what a great idea... and the shorewall one that you suggested in the
been reading the website shorewall and it seems to just do it so easily, I
will try it first thing after lunch today.

   By the way my ISP says I have not sent SPAM out since Monday and they
only received 3 complaints total over the weekend so I think I am ok.
Concerned because i could not track down how it was done but ok, Thanks for
all the help...I am sure I will ask more later.

  I never knew my old job here was so boring until I "volunteered army
style" 3 weeks ago for this one, now I learn something new every hour and
go home feeling frustrated and like I accomplished something.