Problem with Fedora1 and ipop3d

Tim Alberts talberts at msiscales.com
Thu Apr 22 19:11:46 UTC 2004

When I setup my system to have POP3 access to email, it seems to run for a
short period of time (many times once) and then I no longer get email from
the server.

Running sendmail, procmail, spamassassin ipop3d (included with fedora imap
package) and installed clamav.

What I've discovered is that the /var/spool/mail/user file gets overwritten
with the following text: