seti service script - proper run level (still problems)

Kevin F. Berrien kblists at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 20:35:18 UTC 2004

At this point, exactly.

Even though I think I like the cron method (in case I terminate the
service if I run something heavy), these are Pent 2 boxes, so I've
killed seti in the past to be sure I was getting full power out of my
box, I know its nice level is very forgiving, but....

However, I want to find my error in the runlevel method.

Answers:

1. I'm not running X at boot, thus I used runlevel 3.
2. I created the link in Gnome/Nautilus (eek! I know, probably not
right, I guess).

Fritz, that is certainly true, but I feel the topic is (meanwhile) more

>to teach Kevin generally on how init scripts and runlevels "work".
>
>Alexander

Thanks, Kev.