Problem with Fedora1 and ipop3d

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Apr 23 01:08:05 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 23.04.2004 schrieb Tim Alberts um 02:15:

> It looks like you are correct.  However, I've been running a RedHat7.3 server
> for a couple years now with imap version 2001a-10 and never had the user mail
> files get imap access messages written to them.  The newer fedora1 runs imap
> version 2002d-3 and it seems to behave this way.  I guess this is not the
> source of my problem after all.

You are wrong. The uw-imapd long time, if not ever, behaves this way.
Also the version shipped with RH 7.3. My former server system was RH 7.2
before I freshly installed FC1 on it, keeping the /home and
/var/spool/mail partitions. Running $ grep -nri "DON'T DELETE THIS
MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA" /var/spool/mail/* | wc -l I get a
result of 8, substracting the testuser case rest is 7. I do not paste my
user names here, but believe me, all that hits are accounts long used on
RH 7.2, not empty, so the dummy message was not created running FC1.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 03:03:21 up 4 days, 9:49, load average: 0.05, 0.07, 0.15
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]