seti service script - proper run level (still problems)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Apr 23 01:31:29 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 23.04.2004 schrieb Kevin F. Berrien um 03:08:

> Sorry, my script has the following (missed that while chopping useless
> comments)

I suspected that. Without the shebang line - the first line of each
script telling which shell interpreter or script language to use - the
script won't execute.

> #!/bin/bash
>
> # Source function librairy
> . /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions
>
> I get teh checkconfig bit, whats this about a descriptive line?  Text in
> its own line, so like....
>
> chkconfig: 2345 98 02
> Descriptive Line Here

chkconfig: 2345 98 02
setiathome is a client to analyze central gathered data

This way the description line should be. Just have a look into other
init scripts located in /etc/init.d and too at the bottom of "man 8
chkconfig" (of course read the whole manpage).

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 03:26:23 up 4 days, 10:12, load average: 0.35, 0.34, 0.28
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]