Won't install on laptop

Mike Brenton Damyankee3 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 23 23:33:27 UTC 2004

I installed FC1 on my desktop computer a month ago with no problems, but when I tried installing it on my laptop today, it won't. On the first screen I push enter on the built in keyboard or my PS2 Microsoft keyboard and it starts entering the graphical install interface, but when it comes to the screen where you test the disc or proceed with installation, neither keyboard works. I can't get past that screen because I can't choose anything, or continue, and to reboot I have to shut it off and take the disc out.
My laptop is a hp ze4500, AMD 1855 Mhz CPU, 40 Gb hard disk with 30.13 Gb free, 512 Mb DDR SDRAM, Windows XP. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mike