Langa bashing (was Re: Problems getting Linux into homes)

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Sat Apr 24 02:56:40 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 18:46, Jeff Allison wrote:
> but he offers no
> explanations, solutions, or information other than a wild installation
> odyssey.
>
> As far as I can see he either has another agenda or he doesn't "know his
> stuff"

Ditto.

I think its plain to see, from the fact [most] companies selling
hardware DO NOT open source their drivers, his argument is a non
starter.   How is it the fault of Linux that [limited] hardware  fails
to function on anything but Microsoft brand OSes? To moan publicly about
the ease of installation of a piece of hardware under Unix, when the
company selling the damn thing fails to release a driver that is
compatible with ANYTHING other than Windows doesn't strike me as the
position of someone ' knowing his stuff ' . Rather, like some one who
doesn't have a clue.

-Craig