What are my chances with this Laptop?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sun Apr 25 03:50:11 UTC 2004

At 18:42 4/24/2004, you wrote:
>I have an old Digital HiNote Ultra 2000 laptop
>which has only a 2.33 Mhz original Pentium with MMX
>processor and 96 MB memory and a 3.8 GB Hard Drive.
>
>[...]
>
>What are my chances of Fedora working and getting 'X'
>and all the peripherals working?

I'd say pretty good, although the default software and configuration (for
example, X with GNOME and Nautilus) will probably be *very* slow... too
slow for comfort. However, if you're doing this to learn or experiment, or
are willing to put in the time and effort, you can change to a lighter and
faster window manager and select less resource-hungry applications, and you
should be able to make a useful box out of it.

I'm no expert, but from what you mention of the hardware I see no problems.
Worth a try!

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz