RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?

Jack Bowling jbinpg at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 25 06:59:13 UTC 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 09:27:14PM -0400, Mike Bartman wrote:
<snip>
> That's good to hear.  Thanks.  I need DNS, NTP, SMTP, FTP, HTML, XDM, and
> Telnet support along with some sort of firewall (ipchains for instance).
> Anything else is going to be for maintaining those, and learning more about
> Linux admin and programming.  RHL 7.3 had all that...it's looking like FC-1
> does too (please tell me if not! :-)
<snip>

First homework assignment: study up on iptables/netfilter so that you can
move your ipchains scripts over to the newer/better model. Ipchains was
good for its time but has fallen off the end of the tech railroad trestle.

As for the stability of Fedora, FC1 is as rock-solid for me as any other
linux distro ever was.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg at shaw.ca