php imagepng problems: It works! thank'you!!

Paolo Bonavoglia paolo.bonavoglia at liceofoscarini.it
Sun Apr 25 14:13:48 UTC 2004

At 15:39 25/04/2004 25/04/2004, you wrote:

>If creating png formatted pictures would not succeed I would say check the
>permission of /tmp and /var/tmp to be chmod 1777.
>
>Besides DNS and MySQL changes did you run any update or installation of
>other applications, mainly not from FC1?
>
>Alexander

You have got it!! Thank'you a lot! I was going mad ...

I added group write permissions to /var/tmp directory ...  and counters and
graphics have instantly come back to life!

There is left the mistery about what did happen; I didn't install any new
software; maybe MySQL uses /var/tmp and changes to MYSQL had this "side
effect"?

Regards

Paolo Bonavoglia
Teacher of mathematics and computer science
Liceo Foscarini [Foscarini High School] - Venice, Italy

Webmaster  http://www.liceofoscarini.it/
E-Mail paolo.bonavoglia at liceofoscarini.it
         paolo_bonavoglia at virgilio.it