broken yum

Aaron Hughes hughesac at clarkson.edu
Sun Apr 25 14:33:03 UTC 2004

I was updating python last night and I think I installed a version for
fedora core test 1.91.  I uninstalled it and re-installed my old version
python2.2.  Now whenever I try to run yum I get this error.  I have
tried re-installing yum a couple times with different versions and I get
the same thing everytime.  Any ideas on how to fix it.  By the way apt
still works fine but I would rather use yum.
--chunk

# yum check-update
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 20, in ?
    import os
ImportError: No module named os