Install Probem FC-1 Samsung Syncmaster 192n LCD monitor

Dave drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Mon Apr 26 10:16:32 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ernesto Celis" <celisdelafuente at prodigy.net.mx>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 1:39 AM
Subject: Re: Install Probem FC-1 Samsung Syncmaster 192n LCD monitor
> > desgraciadamente, yo no hablo espaol.
> >   (gracias  http://ets.freetranslation.com/ )
> >
> > Parlez-vous francais?
>
> I'm sorry I don't know what I was thinking and I forgot it is a list in
> english, maybe because I'm subscribed in the spanish list of Fedora too
> :)
>
> > Ya intentaste con CTRL+ALT+BKSPACE+Tecla + del teclado numrico? para
> > > cambiar el modo de video de X, a mi me ha funcionado en la instalacin.
>
> Do you tried CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE+ + Key on the numeric keyboard? in order
> to switch the video mode when you get the incorrect video mode message
> in you monitor at install time.
> This keys switch the video modes between 1024x768 800x600 and 640x480
> this works for me when the graphical installer doesn't detect properly
> the values for my monitor.
>
> > Si no puedes hacer una instalacin en modo texto tecleando:
> > > ----------
> > > linux text
> > > ----------
>
> Other way is make the install in text mode with
> ----------
> linux text
> ----------
> when you boot with the install CD. After the install has finished and
> you reboot you can switch to a console and edit /etc/X11/XF86config for
> your monitor.
>
> > cuando cuando recien arrancas la PC con tu disco de instalacin. Ya
> > > despues de acabar la instalacin puedes desde la consola editar
> > > XF86Config de acuerdo a tu monitor.
>
> Sorry again and I hope this can be useful to you.

Thank you very much for the informaiton, I'll try it later.  Is there a
document which describes the numeric keys for the video modes?

I had tried the Knoppix CD distro first to see the compatibility of all my
equipment (need a Driver for my NIC) and everything worked fine so I was
surprised when the video didn't work during install.  Does the install CD
use an implementation of Xfree86?  Is it possible to issue some boot command
for which video mode to use at the boot prompt?

I didn't want to do a text mode install in case there may have been some
other issue with my video card etc which could have made it a useless
install.

Thanks again for your assistance.
  Dave