Text formating

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Mon Apr 26 14:48:12 UTC 2004

I'm looking for a utility that will change:

	Mary had a\n
	little\n
	lamb, it's fleece was white\n
	as snow.\n

	Mary has a little lamb, it's fleece was white as snow.

Further, I'd like it to recognize the period at the end of a sentence as the
only possible place where a new line might be appropriate as a separator
before the next paragraph.

What I'm trying to do is format pages of text that have arbitrary newline
characters at position 72 and remove all of them except the ones that
separate paragraphs. The fmt utility can fix up the sentence above, but it
inserts newlines of its own.

Does such a utility exist?

Thank You

--