StartX not running

Keita Rose KXR387 at bham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 26 15:28:08 UTC 2004

I have made exhausted efforts to get startx to work but I have fail in all my attempts.  My PC has a Gigabyte GV-R92-128 graphics adapter, which is suppose to be the same as the Radeon 9200LE.  I have tried various  fixes for the last 4 weeks the most recent was using the ATI properitary drivers.  After runing the rpm and setting the configuration, I tried to load startx and my screen just blanked out.  My keyboard became non responsive and I had to rely on my power button to restart the system.  Any assistane would be appreciated.

Keita