Text formating

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Mon Apr 26 16:00:46 UTC 2004

>Mary had a little lamb, it's fleece was white as snow.
>A quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

That's almost what I want. I still want the 'A quick ...' line to continue
after '... snow.' on the same line as in :
 ... white as snow. A quick brown ...

After thinking about it, what I wanted is to format an entire paragraph of X
number of sentences as a single long line of text. Then when that very long
line is fed into a word processor, it formats as a paragraph as expected.

Your approach led me to the solution:
   sed -e :a -e 'N;s/\n\([^\x0a]\)/ \1/;ta' infile >outfile

Thank You

--
Bill Gradwohl
YCC