user with root priviledge

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Mon Apr 26 20:16:23 UTC 2004

> That was my point and my original reply was directed toward the OP and
> those who seem to feel his request was a good idea.

One other (so far unmentioned) advantage to sudo vs direct root access
is that since sudo uses a user's own password, you don't have to worry
about securely propogating changes to the actual root password(s) to
your collection of admins every time you need to (or want to) change them.

One drawback to this is that if an admin gets their password sniffed by
an intruder, your intruder now has sudo access...