Use of Software

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 06:06:31 UTC 2004

Hi,

> I have heard that the use of this software is illegal
> for commercial use.
> I don't know how the GPL reads.
> Anyone have an answer or can point me in the right way to
> read about it.

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean can you use GPL'd code in commercial
software? Do you mean can you include a precompiled version of GPLd
software with a commercial application or can you use GPL software for
creating commercial use?

For the first, yes, but you have to release the source code (IIRC),
second yes and third, most definately yes.

For more info, http://www.gnu.org has the GPL as html.

TTFN

Paul
--
"There are four stages to any war
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you