Installation of Red Hat

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 27 13:42:31 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 27.04.2004 schrieb Douglas Furlong um 15:27:

> > Alexander Dalloz - thanks for pointing out my error - I downloaded Fedora and not
> > Red Hat. Either way, I can't get it working so I'll shuffle off to a more pedestrian site
> > - clearly, this one is much too sophisticated for yokels like me!

> I am 110% sure Alexander was not being mean. I and every body else would
> be more then happy for you to air your issues in aid of assistance.
>
> I personally would be a bit disappointed if you felt you had to go else
> where to resolve this problem.
>
> I believe Alexander just wanted you to provide a little more information
> as to what problems you were actually having. If you can provide an
> error message or detailed description (even from a yokels point of view)
> then we should be able to help you (probably not me, as I'm a yokel
> too).

> doug.

Douglas,

of course I did not intend him to go away and search for a different
solution than Fedora! Was'nt my last sentence not to be understand as an
invitation to more precisely explain himself? He wrote about "Red Hat"
in his topic line and mentioned a version/release number 9 in the body
text. So I was a bit unsure what he tried.

From my impression nearly each Linux/Fedora beginner got the help he
requested and very most were lucky to find their way out of the
confusion.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl
Sirendipity 15:35:02 up 14:23, 11 users, 0.46, 0.33, 0.29
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]