signature.asc files

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Apr 27 15:44:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 11:31 -0400, David Collantes wrote:
> > "Some user complained that my PGP messages are attachments!
> > That user is using obsolete and broken software. PGP/MIME is the only
> > way to use PGP with email that is actually specified (RFC 2015) and not
>
> [...]
>
> Good then, I assume no one will have a problem with S/MIME signed messages
> either, right?

If the sender sends it properly signed...

My version of Evolution doesn't really verify S/MIME signed messages, so
I usually save them in an mbox and do:

$ openssl smime -verify -in qwe
Error reading S/MIME message
10114:error:2107A083:PKCS7 routines:SMIME_read_PKCS7:invalid mime
type:pk7_mime.c:290:type: multipart/mixed

Which failed on your message (and you're the first one I ever saw this
happen with).

Maybe it has something to do with the stuff your mail passes through?
Even though it wasn't validated, I could read your message pretty well.

Rui