Installation of Red Hat

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Tue Apr 27 18:28:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 15:35:15 PM +0100, michael furse
(michael.furse at Maunbyinvestments.co.uk) wrote:

> Many thanks to everyone for their assistance. It's clear that the
> hardware as it stands won't support Fedora 9.0 on its own. For
> stand-alone PC's I'll have to use more memory or an older less
> demanding version (say Mandrake 8.2), and that if I want to use the
> workstations as they stand for the school, I'll need to go down the
> thin client route.

As Rodolfo already pointed out, the RULE project (see my signature) is
exactly meant to make old PCs run Red Hat, then Fedora when the "thin
client route" is not possible.

Granted, it is not as simple to use and well documented as we'd like
it to be (yet), but we *are* working on this.

Good luck,

     Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Those who will be able to conquer software will be able to conquer the
world.                      -- Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.